Statement of Purpose
The Gray Family Foundation Grant Program seeks to encourage and support the people of Oregon in fostering a strong local land ethic, sustainable communities and thoughtful stewardship of the natural environment.
The Gray Family Foundation is committed to the long-term success of these efforts through ensuring that outdoor education and other age-appropriate environmental learning experiences are included in the public school core curriculum statewide.
Our Funding Strategies Include:
- Acting to respect and amplify the diverse perspectives, traditions, knowledge and relationships all people in Oregon bring as active stewards of their natural and built environments.
- Increasing outdoor experiences for youth.
- Promoting the inclusion of quality environmental and geography education in K-12 environments.
- Investing in Outdoor School to insure all 5th or 6th grade students in Oregon participate.
- Improving the quality of outdoor overnight camp facilities, especially those that host Outdoor School.