Environmental Education Program
Online application opens: October 1, 2017
Application due: December 1, 2017
Grant award notification: Mid-February 2018
The Gray Family Foundation’s Environmental Education program seeks to support programs that stimulate or promote the teaching of environmental education in K-12 environments and increases outdoor experiences for youth.
In 2018, we will be accepting requests for two different types of grants:
- Planning Grants. The Gray Family Foundation believes that the field of environmental education must increasingly reflect the diverse populations of Oregon including programming that better represents the diverse perspectives, traditions, knowledge and relationships all people in Oregon bring as active stewards of their natural and built environment. Gray FF will accept proposals for planning grants to support organizations, schools and other academic institutions to examine, challenge and change assumptions and practices so that they may be in better service to all Oregon communities. Planning grant recipients will be encouraged to apply for programmatic funds during the next grant cycle.
- Programmatic Grants. The Gray Family Foundation seeks proposals that support programs providing student field experiences for 3rd through 8th grade students and/or educator professional development. Program applicants may request multi-year funding pending annual grant renewals through the 2019-2020 school year. Program grant applicants must demonstrate alignment with Gray FF’s priorities and reflect the foundations values towards diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI).
To learn more:
- Informational Sessions: To learn more about the Environmental Education Program and current funding opportunities, please join Gray FF staff for an informational session on Tuesday, September 19th, at 3:30 pm or Friday, September 22nd, at 10:00 am. To join the session, visit https://bluejeans.com/5035523511 or call 408.740.7256 and enter conference ID: 5035523511.
- ‘Office Hours’: Gray FF’s program officer, Rachael Bashor, will be available by phone 503.552.3511 every Tuesday October 10th through November 28th from 3:00 to 5:00 to answer general or specific questions about the environmental education grant program, application or review process. Please do not hesitate to reach out.
- E-mail: You can reach out via e-mail to email@example.com.