The Gray Family Foundation is founded on the belief that fostering an understanding and appreciation of our natural world is a crucial part of a child’s education.
A supporting organization of the Oregon Community Foundation, the Gray Family Foundation works to encourage greater civic engagement in Oregon through investments that promote environmental literacy. By supporting programs such as Outdoor School, geography education, and professional development for teachers, we seek to give Oregon students a greater understanding of the world outside their classroom.
The Foundation believes that studying not just about but in the out-of-doors has a profound and lasting impact on a child’s learning as a whole.
Our Foundation directly supports the following programs:
- Outdoor school for 5th and 6th grade students
- Field trips for 5th–8th graders studying food systems, waste management, watersheds, and land use
- Environmental literacy professional development opportunities for teachers
Additionally, we back initiatives promoting:
- Maintenance for outdoor school camp facilities
- Latino leadership learning and support opportunities
- Geography education in schools
- Statewide environmental literacy programs
Through other organizations, the Gray family also works in support of: